Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim R[_2_] Tim R[_2_] is offline

Default Idea for repairing my laptop power jack

On Monday, August 11, 2014 10:41:31 AM UTC-4, Pat wrote:
As others have said, don't assume the problem is the jack. I had a

Sony laptop that had the same symptom - giggling it made it work. It

turned out to the wires in the cable right near the plug. I soldered

I think that the diagnosis is correct. A second known good cable was tried, and the center pin in the jack wiggles slightly when pushed. I think that I may also have tried the technical department at Best Buy or Staples.