Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] dansabrservices@yahoo.com is offline

Default Idea for repairing my laptop power jack

Having done a fair number of these repairs, I can say that the majority of the time spent is to dis-assemble and re-assemble the unit. I have only had to replace a few connectors. In most cases, the solder joints have failed because of mechanical abuse NOT because of poor solder. The jacks often don't have sufficient support to prevent flexing of the solder joint. My own Toshiba unit suffered from a similar fate. A little expoxy around the connector to support it better and I have not had a recurrance in 4 years.

Use the advise above to keep track of the dis-assembly process and you shouldbe able to fix this yourself.

Dan