Chris Oates

Default Wiring of new Consumer Unit

"Tipu Sattar" wrote in message
om...
I have completely rewired my house (The house had been stripped to the
bare walls and joists). The only thing left to do is put in a new
Consumer Unit and wire all the circuits to it. All the cables come
into a cupboard under the staircase through the ceiling.

I am installing a surface mount MK sentry Consumer Unit. My question
is how should I route all these cables into the Consumer Unit? Do they
all have to be put into trunking and then fed into the top of the CU?
Or is it better to chase channels and bury the cables and feed them
into the CU from the back? There's a hell of a lot of cables there.

Ugly wiring is not a hanging offence

most peeps clip them to the wall so that
high current circuits go nearest the nearest the
switch and lighting furthest away.

DO NOT cut wires to exact length - leave
some slack somewhere