Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Speaking of car ramps

Gunner Asch on Sun, 10 Aug 2014 23:33:26 -0700
Had one slowly sink into the ground one winter. Took about 30
minutes..but when I came back to that side..the brake drum was sitting
on the ground. and the only sight of the stand was the post sticking
out of the dirt.. Now I use diamond plate or 2x12s if I am working in
some place I dont trust, under them. Fortunately..around here..it
takes a lot of water to bust up the clay and we havent had but 4" of
rain in the past 18 months.

Reminds me of the story told in various dry spots of the world.
"You recall the story of Noah, and when it rained for 40 days and
nights, right? We got an inch ..."
--
pyotr filipivich