Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Strange fuel leak

On Sun, 10 Aug 2014 18:25:55 -0500, Richard
wrote:

On 8/10/2014 6:47 PM, Howard Beal wrote:
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote in message
. 3.70...
"Howard fired this volley in news:ls8qdv$r15$1
@speranza.aioe.org:

Tank looks like factory
new. Only has a 1/4 tank of gas.

You said it was leaking from the TOP. If no pressure, and only 1/4 tank,
then it's got to be the recirculation hose leaking. Excess fuel from the
injector rack goes back to the tank.

LLoyd

I tend to agree, still gonna have to drop the fuel tank to fix it. Gonna
rerout
the fuel return line into a gas can and see if the leak stops. I just hope
its not
a cracked or broken fuel pump output port. New fuel pump is $250.00 Damn
things are all plastic, i don't think they are repairable.

Best Regards
Tom.

There ya go buying those cheap after-market parts.

The fuel pump in my Blazer failed (at 180k).
Right at $1000 from Chevrolet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FUEL-PUMP-MO...-/400703566243

$35.98

Fuel pump rebuild kit..AC/Delco
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-ACDelco-.../130940200794?

$44.95

etc etc etc

--
"Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon.
We're in a great place, just at a bad time."