nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trader_4 View Post
In homes you can sometimes see
it happen with lights briefly dimming when a heavy load cuts in,
particularly in older homes. Even in newer homes, with a heftier
service, the effect is still there.
To be truthful, I have never once noticed the ceiling light in my kitchen dim when I turned on my oven.
My kitchen ceiling light has two 60 watt bulbs.
My oven has a 6000 watt bake element.
I'm thinking I shoulda seen them lights dim, no?

I have seen the lights in my apartment dim on occasion, and I understand that the power delivered by my electric utility can vary substantially in voltage, but I have never seen any co-relation between such light dimmings and the operation of large electric loads, like my oven bake element. Maybe I'm just not observant enough.

Last edited by nestork : August 11th 14 at 04:43 AM