View Single Post
  #3   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster

Default Philips 27" CRT problems (model 27PT543S37A) problems - chassis L01.1U

Thanks for the reply. I don't know what brand of transistor checker it was (at my school's shop). I'll have to get that information on that and re-post. Basically, you stuck the transistor in and there was a LED indicator to tell you it was good when lit. It would check NPN, PNP, etc. But the circuitry had to be our of the board for me to check it. I can check the levels on the board components (I have a multimeter if that helps), but just let me know what I need to check and I can do that and post back if needed. This post will probably grow since I am a novice, but I am willing to learn but I want to take me time and get it right too. Thanks for your patience thus far.

Now, since I am new to TVs, I know you are referencing the flyback transformer. So, to get this straight I have to look for a potentiometer (perhaps with a flat head dial) around the bottom of the flyback assembly on the main board? The top pot would be on the CRT itself?

I'll wait for your response until I try something different. Like I said I want to take me time and get this right. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!