Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Speaking of car ramps

On Sun, 10 Aug 2014 06:35:19 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
On 08/09/2014 03:28 PM, Howard Beal wrote:
I like them. They appear to be safer than the typical
jack stands. Seems like they would be easy to make
using square steel tubing. Any ideas for improvements?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXCvq6DNJi0

I've never had a problem using jack stands under the frame, and I
would
never trust anything that used the wheel to support a vehicle I was
planning on getting underneath.

That having been said, the stands in the video are pretty cool
looking,
but I'd still rather stick to jack stands underneath the frame.

Jon

I prefer jack stands, leave the hydraulic jack in place, push on the
bumper to see if anything shifts, and if I'm going to be pulling hard
on large rusted bolts, stack up 6x6 cribbing. And still I've had some
close calls.
-jsw

Use of a decent 1/2" air rachet/lug buster is indicated.

--
"Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon.
We're in a great place, just at a bad time."