Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Oren's Fridge

On Sun, 10 Aug 2014 12:31:19 -0400, "David L. Martel"
wrote:

Not sure he has any reason to be embarrassed. You are getting weird
behavior at your LEDs, intermittently. That could be the main board, the
wiring harness, dirty connections, or the display board. I'd not expect to
see anything wrong on a PC board. Resistors often leave obvious failure
marks but capacitors and ICs don't.
We don't know what tests led hin to suspect a problem with the main
board. Hopefully he was doing tests.

It may be how my wife communicated to him about the fridge.
Apparently, he thought the entire fridge was completely dead vs the
erratic behavior. That may have lead him figure it was the main
board. He took a photo of the schematic to check and follow the wires.
Hope to hear from him in the next day or two - he hasn't called back.