Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Brother MFC 210C

On Friday, August 8, 2014 6:52:28 PM UTC-4, J Burns wrote:
On 8/8/14, 12:34 PM, wrote:

Installed windows update software (win7), cleaned print heads, reset

purge count, replaced printer cartridges, all 4. And whenever I try

to print the pages are blank. Just like the paper I put in to print

on. No error messages. Have I missed the obvious solution?

After my 4th inkjet, I found the obvious solution was a Brother laser

printer. Two things cause an inkjet printer to have trouble: using it

and not using it.

Mostly the latter, in my case. I had one of the earliest HP laserjets as
my first printer, the LJIIP. Got it a distributer cost and I think it
was still $800 back then. It worked perfectly for probably 10+ years.
Then it went kaput. I want a MFC type machine, so I got an ink jet one,
because then laser ones were still too expensive. It was no match for
the laserjet. I didn't use it frequently, and with the LJ, that didn't
matter. With the IJ, the heads clog up. And they aren't cheap....

Now I have a laser MFC and once again, no problems. Even the toner lasts
a very long time, many years with my usage.

I bought monochrome, after checking cartridge costs for that model. It

was trouble-free until it failed. When I saw how low my annual and

per-page costs had been, I bought another Brother laser.

Color lasers are better than they once were for photos, but toner costs

can be much higher than monochrome.