Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Solar-powered pond pump

On 10/08/2014 14:02, Bert Coules wrote:
Just wondering if anyone's ever used or installed a solar-powered pump
for a garden pond. Are they any good at all or (as I rather suspect)
pretty useless except in full and powerful sunlight?

No, I haven't - but I guess it depends on what you want to use it for.

If it's for a water feature which only needs to run on sunny days when
you might be sitting by the pond to see it, it may be ok. But if there
are fish in the pond so that the pump needs to run continuously to drive
water through a filter - forget it!
--
Cheers,
Roger