Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

On 8/9/2014 7:30 PM, Danny D. wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote, on Sat, 09 Aug 2014 16:08:22 -0400:

If the device is 220 VAC, and if it's on two separate breakers, and if
one breaker trips the device stops working "oh, the power is off" says
me, and goes to work on it. And then gets fried cause the other breaker
is on. It's not a totally every day thing, but it must have happened to
someone back when.

In addition to 120 volts still going through the motor, I would think
that it would kind of get stuck since it only has half the voltage it
wants, which, can't be good for the motor, right?

CY: With one breaker open, the motor "sees" zero
volts, as the circuit is open. But a worker touching
the wire feels 120 to ground.

PS: The lady texted me she will be home tomorrow, so I won't be able to
look at it until them. I'll also see if the next-door neighbor to her is
still pumping gray turbid water out of the brand new 520 foot well (it
was pumping onto the ground for a week).

CY: Bother, that would have been nice to have
at least one good well in your area.

--
..
Christopher A. Young