Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Fridge Won't Pull Down

Robert King wrote:
Samsung 29 cu-ft french door model, 4 yrs old. Temp in main
compartment wont go lower than 50F. Freezer compartment and icemaker
working OK. Appears not to be "iced-up" No error codes showing on
control panel. One "factory repairman" says it is working fine and
has given up on it. My take is that it is too warm for safe food
storage. We will probably try another repair service but it is hard
to get their attention this time of year in LA.

Empty it. Turn it off, and leave it off and open for at least a couple days. If
you're lucky, the ice will melt, drain passages will open and everything will
work fine when re-started. If it works for a while, then messes up again, you
either have a plugged drain or the defrost cycle is not working properly. If you
can find the drain pan, probably at the bottom, and the drain line going into
it, you could try blowing ot the drain line before re-starting it. If you can't
blow air through the drain line, water probably can't get out through it.

---