Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Replace Rayburn Solid Fuel Cooker Firebrick

On 09/08/2014 15:35, David.WE.Roberts wrote:
On Sat, 09 Aug 2014 01:30:34 -0700, Jim Bowen wrote:

I have a Rayburn 200SF solid fuel cooker. The bottom firebrick are
deeply pitted, and I think they should be replaced. I can buy the
firebrick online, but I can find no instructions/information on DIY
replacement. Also I have no idea whether it is possible to replace just
the pitted bricks or whether all should be replaced at one time. Can
anyone tell me whether this is a reasonable job for an average DIYer
and/or point me to information on how to go about the job? Many thanks
for any assistance!

- Jim

Decades since I refurbished a Rayburn and that was a total strip down and
rebuild.

However I would suggest that you replace all the fire bricks and if you
get any out intact regard them as a bonus as future spares.

If they are like normal solid fuel burners the fire bricks should come out
relatively easily (for various values of easily) because they were
probably shipped separately and installed when the stove was commissioned.

An installation manual for your stove would probably give fitting
instructions.

Have you got one/ asked Rayburn for one/ Googled for one?

Cheers

Dave R

Dunno if its of any use..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1214023821...84.m1558.l2649