Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Exploding cigarettes.

In article ,
wrote:
On Saturday, August 9, 2014 11:12:57 AM UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
Which is nonsense. Unless faulty or designed by an idiot, all USB
outlets supply 5 volts.
Unfortunately not, 5.25v has been used for higher charging current
apps. Not every appliance is ok with that.

From a computer USB socket? How to they manage that?

from some chargers

Right. And they have type approval with a non standard voltage? I'm
surprised the phone makers haven't cottoned on to that one - it must gall
them not to be able to sell you an overpriced charger.

However, I suppose it's no different in practice from the older jack
system once common for low volt DC. The voltage there could be
anything. Even AC.

Its very different, most usb kit works together ok. But not all.

Certainly a high current device won't work from a low current USB. But
neither will it burst into flames.

NT

--
*7up is good for you, signed snow white*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.