Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff[_2_] Brian Gaff[_2_] is offline

Default Exploding cigarettes.

did anything that was so called standard ever work as designed. Its hard to
think of one which has not been abused in some way.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Robert" wrote in message
On 08/08/2014 18:33, Andy Burns wrote:
[resend]

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Seems a chap was injured when the electronic cigarette he was charging
exploded. He was on oxygen, and the oxygen pipe or whatever got damaged
making things far worse. Seems he may also have been using a charger
which
wasn't supplied with the cigarette kit.

I think I posted here of a similar report made by Derbyshire fire last
year, info was circulated to other fire services, I saw some photos of
the damage, the "ejected" battery had set alight bedding, again the
charger wasn't original ...

Merside Fire are quoted on the BBC site as saying:
"We urge people to always use electrical equipment in accordance with the
manufacturer's instructions and guidance, always ensure that no electrical
items are left charging overnight or left unattended for a long period
when being charged, and do not mix parts from different e-cigarettes.

"Only use the original charger or electrical cables supplied and ensure
you purchase electrical items from a reputable source."

Well that should kill the universal micro USB socket initiative on mobiles
off !