Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Bicycle, crash hat and accident

On 09/08/2014 07:49, harryagain wrote:
"Tim+" wrote in message
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
harryagain pretended :
Well, she shouldn't be reversing out.
She should either turn around or reverse in.
So she is at fault regardless.

Agreed! There were no head injuries and as already said he was riding on
the grass verge between road a pavement.

A likely scenario is that she had reversed out of that drive lots of
times, over that rarely used pavement and never seen anyone on foot or a
bike, so why bother slowing down or looking?

We all see what we expect to see. Behave unexpectedly and you risk not
being seen.

Tim

No we don't. Never heard of defensive driving?
It's a very bad practice to reverse out on to any road.
Something basic you are taught while learning to drive.
I expect there's plenty of thickos here don't know it.
http://www.trafficsignsandmeanings.c...se-safely.html

Cycling in London seems to be more about racing and wiggling your arse
about in bright colours than getting from A to B. Like all hobbies
(golf, fishing, photography etc) you need to buy a huge amount of
*stuff* and that almost becomes more enjoyable than doing it.
Parts of East London, particularly towpaths, have become hostile
environments for those of us who just want to stroll along them.
Cyclists won't have bells because of the extra weight. They just seem
like a bunch of anti social brats to me
I know two cyclists who have commuted into London (45 mins each way) for
several years, and neither wears a helmet, but they don't have anything
plugged into their ears either