Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default Brother MFC 210C

On 8/8/14, 7:52 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
J Burns wrote:
On 8/8/14, 12:34 PM, wrote:
Installed windows update software (win7), cleaned print heads, reset
purge count, replaced printer cartridges, all 4. And whenever I try
to print the pages are blank. Just like the paper I put in to print
on. No error messages. Have I missed the obvious solution?

After my 4th inkjet, I found the obvious solution was a Brother laser
printer. Two things cause an inkjet printer to have trouble: using it
and not using it.

I bought monochrome, after checking cartridge costs for that model. It
was trouble-free until it failed. When I saw how low my annual and
per-page costs had been, I bought another Brother laser.

Color lasers are better than they once were for photos, but toner costs
can be much higher than monochrome.

Hi,
I am just happy with Canon MP990 photo inkjet.
Ink cost is reasonable, prints excellent pictures.
Never jams paper. WiFi connection to a router, so any one
can print in the house.

My last inkjet was a Canon BJC-6000, back about 2000. It was more
practical than the Epson Stylus it replaced. Eventually, the Canon
electronics quit. When I thought about the trouble and expense over the
years, I went to a laser. The inkjet could make nice photos, but people
preferred to view photos on computer screens. Color would be nice for
printing a map, though.

I like a separate flatbed scanner. I can choose just the printer and
just the scanner I want, and each is cheaper to replace than a combo.