Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default Super Capacitor Voltage Protection Circuit - scan0002.png

On 08 Aug 2014 15:50:31 GMT, EngineeringGuy
wrote:

When connecting "super capacitors" in series to increase the working
voltage above the level of the individual capacitors, does anyone have an
active voltage clamp that would not discharge the capacitors when the power
supply is disconnected? Most "super" capacitors have a working voltage of
2.5 or 2.7 VDC... I would like to connect 10 capacitors in series for a 25
VDC capacitor stack. Most suggestions call for connecting equalizing
resistors in parallel with each capacitor, but I would rather have a
circuit that would not discharge the capacitors when the power is off...
anyone have any ideas?

The relays are all Normally Open (Form A) with 24 volt DC coils.

John Fields

Attached Thumbnails
Super Capacitor Voltage Protection Circuit-scan0002-png