Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

On Friday, August 8, 2014 3:10:08 PM UTC-4, Danny D. wrote:
Danny D. wrote, on Fri, 08 Aug 2014 18:45:14 +0000:

Out of curiosity, what are the typical taxes on say a nice 3 bedroom 2

1/2 bath home, 3000 sq ft, on about an acre lot?

An acre? Most land out here in Silicon Valley is sold by the square

foot, not by the acre.

If we look at the current homes for sale, in Saratoga:

http://www.zillow.com/saratoga-ca/

This is the first one I find that is 3 bedrooms ...

House For Sale: $1,150,000, ZestimateŽ: $1.23M

9 days on Zillow, Built in 1957

18256 Baylor Ave, Saratoga, CA

3 beds, 2 baths, 1,460 sqft, 8,189 sqft lot

That seems about right.

Let's say it sells for 1 million, so that would be $685/square foot,

which is way less than the average price per square foot of $921, so the

house, built in the fifties, must be a fixer-upper at that price.

The total land is 8,189 square feet (which includes the house).

What percentage of an acre is that? I don't know.

About 1/5. Acre is like 43000 sq ft as I recall. Here, central NJ,
shore, about an hour from NYC, a 3000 sw ft, 3 bed, 2 1/2 bath on 1 acre
is about $600K. If you get real close to the shore, within 1/2 mile, it
the most exclusive areas, it could be $1.8 mil on your 1/5 acre type lot.
And it could be several million if it's waterview.