Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

Stormin Mormon wrote, on Thu, 07 Aug 2014 21:09:28 -0400:

Please go into some detail. When you say "cut the wire" do you mean the
wire that ties the two handles together?

Yes. I think someone 'vandalized' the breaker (probably a workman who
felt his time was worth more than the lady's property).

There are four 120 volt circuit breakers in this pictu
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3909/1...c2a8bb6d_b.jpg

The two outer breakers are labeled "WELL PUMP", while the two inner
circuit breakers are labeled "PRESSURE PUMP".

On one of "my" circuit breakers, you see something similar, with the two
inner breakers tied together while the two outer breakers are also tied
together (in this case, for the air conditioning system).
http://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3856/14...dc3bd2f7_b.jpg

There is a copper wire connecting the two inner breakers, which is cut.

I'm pretty sure that copper wire didn't break on its own, so, someone cut
it. Why would they cut it? The only reason I can think of is that they
wanted to remove the panel, and the wire gets in the way (I've seen that
before), but in this panel, it seems that wasn't an impediment.

So, I don't know *why* someone cut the wire, but, what I need to know is
*what* to tell the homeowner about it since she has precious little money.