Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Bicycle, crash hat and accident

On 08/08/2014 15:07, Tim+ wrote:

Of course a blind eye is turned to young children using the footpaths but
really, footpaths are only for things moving at a pedestrian pace. When I'm
running, I frequently use the road in preference to the footpath as folk
reversing out don't expect (nor should expect) faster moving traffic on the
pavement.

They should expect pedestrians moving at whatever speed a pedestrian
can, including running for the bus or whatever else they want to run for!

These days they can reasonably expect to have cycles and scooters too.