Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default DVD player acting up

Higgs Boson writes:
On Thursday, August 7, 2014 10:38:17 PM UTC-7, ChairMan wrote:
trader_4 wrote:

On Thursday, August 7, 2014 9:44:53 AM UTC-4, Peter wrote:

On 8/6/2014 4:35 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

That should be special. Go to a store and have them set

[...]
If he has an HD TV he should get a Blu-Ray, but I would suggest getting a Philips.

I've used Philips TVs and DVD/BR for several years and they will play anything that you throw at it.

MP3, MP4, DIVX or just about any "common" video or audio files. Last Smart BR I bought was on deals.woot.com for 35 bucks.

Shop around and you can find them cheap, but Philips plays more formats than just about any player out there.

Thanks! Very helpful. Question: How long since you bought your last Phillips?
I ask because maybe technology has overtaken the Phillips and other brands now mach it? Not a clue; just wondering.

OPPO is the brand that provides the best audio, and the widest range of
supported audio and video formats. http://www.oppodigital.com/

Costco has a Samsung Blu-Ray for about $74 + tx. Anybody have experience with Samsung? (I tend to run off & buy the last thing anybody advises g so need all the input I can get!)

Any blu-ray player should be sufficient for your needs.