Posted to alt.home.repair
Peter[_14_] Peter[_14_] is offline

Default DVD player acting up

On 8/7/2014 11:49 AM, BenDarrenBach wrote:
On Thursday, August 7, 2014 8:44:53 AM UTC-5, Peter wrote:

Of course, if you're watching on a 720 TV, or a screen smaller
than

about 40", you probably won't notice the improvement from standard
to BR

Totally disagree with your statement...huge difference! Now, I have a
720p and a 1080p TV and would challenge someone to tell the
difference!

Huh? You totally disagree with my statement that with a HDTV smaller
than about 40", the increased quality of 1080 over 720 resolution might
be essentially imperceptible. Yet you follow that with your statement,
"I have a 720p and a 1080p TV and would challenge someone to tell the
difference!" which seems to support my opinion. Am I misinterpreting
your closing statement? Are both of your TVs the same size screen, both
smaller than 42", and calibrated (with a calibration disc, not just by
eye) to the same level of brightness, contrast, sharpness, alpha, etc?
If not, you're comparing apples to oranges.