Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Scammer Alert

On 2014-08-07, Larry Jaques wrote:
I was sitting at the computer this morning when the phone rang. It
was the Windows Microsoft Technical Department? He told me that my
computer had been acting up and he was calling to fix it for me.
He said he had the computer's personal identification number, specific
to each and every computer.

I've gotten similar calls -- but they end when they discover
that I'm not running Windows. :-)

They start out by claiming that my Windows computer is spewing
out spam. :-) (Since the only machine with Windows on it is turned on
perhaps once or twice a year, and certainly was not on then ... :-)

Oh yes -- it is also behind the firewall in a way to prevent it
from even reaching the outside net -- let alone letting the net reach in
to it. :-)

[ ... ]

Be warned, these assholes are out there and seem to be multiplying.
It's too bad one can't send a 750KV spike direct to their computer or
phone during one of these attempts, isn't it?

Indeed so. Them and others of the ilk -- computer related or
other scams.

Thanks,
DoN.

--