Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

On 8/7/2014 7:47 PM, Danny D. wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote, on Thu, 07 Aug 2014 18:14:59 -0400:

Wish I lived closer, and can help.

One way you guys can help is to advise me what I should
advise the lady whose middle conjoined circuit breakers
appear to have the copper wire cut.
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3909/1...c2a8bb6d_b.jpg

First off, WHY would anyone cut the joining wire?
Secondly, is it dangerous?

While I understand that each breaker is handling 120V,
and each can now trip individually, what does that mean,
with respect to what I should advise the homeowner?

If the pump is 220 volts, it should have two
breakers tied together. Maybe the pump is 110
volts, and the tie isn't needed any more.

If I was there, I'd pull the front of the panel.
See if the two center breakers wires go into the
same tube. Might be she needs a double breaker to
restore safety?

If the pump is 220, and if the breakers are separate,
there is safety risk.

--
..
Christopher A. Young