Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default AC duct in garage ceiling

On 08/07/2014 12:15 PM, trader_4 wrote:

I don't think the inspector is being hard-assed, he's just following
the code. AFAIK, neither a supply nor a return is allowed into a
garage space. Think about what happens when the system is off. You
have an easy path for CO into the house. Depending on which way the
wind is blowing, pressures, etc, CO could go into the house.

Suppose is possible; hadn't heard it was code. The TN house had an
outlet from the furnace supply a little heat into the garage and I never
thought anything of it...only attached garage ever had.