Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rigid Miter Saw Fence not straight FIXED!

"G. Ross" wrote in
news

I found an old drawer side in my junk box, ripped and cut it and glued
two pieces on the face of the fence with epoxy. Clamped overnight.
This morning I ran it over the jointer taking small cuts until it was
flat.
After putting the fence back on the saw I checked that it was square
with the blade. Also had to adjust the verticality of the blade.
Re cut a bit off the blocks I had previously made and checked with a
machinist's square. Both ways they were as square as a South Georgia
farm boy.

Thanks for all the suggestions, and especially to Jim in NC for
reminding me what a jointer is for.

Good to hear, but now I've got to try it. You wouldn't happen to have
the other drawer side, would you? *g* (There should be a usable piece of
lumber around here somewhere... ;-))

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.