Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default "Are you a Jew?"

Stormin Mormon wrote:

CY: Get back at the Jews who shot him? Could be.

Not really. One thing that soured him was the German Revolution:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_...8%E2%80%931919

That was seen as a stab in the back and the cause of the capitulation when
the war might have been concluded with a more equitable armistice.

Jews were overrepresented in the KPD (Communist Party of Germany) with some
in very visible leadership positions;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosa_Luxemburg

Many central European countries suffered from Communist inspired revolts.
One of the worst was in Hungary:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Terror_(Hungary)

Again Jews were greatly overrepresented in the Communist party.

On the other end of the spectrum, bankers profited from the war and were

There were certainly other factors. Hitler had lived in Vienna and wasn't
impressed by the backward Orthodox Jews he dealt with there. Later his
mentor, Dietrich Eckart, was a virulent anti-Semite, along with Feder and
Rosenberg.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietrich_Eckart

As HB mentioned, the roots go deep. Even Marx took a shot at the problem:

https://www.marxists.org/archive/mar...wish-question/

CY: I'm not sure but what I'd do the same to the
Germans if I were writing treaties.

That worked so well in the long run. Everybody thought WWI would be a jolly
little war over by Christmas. Assigning all the blame and punitive damages
to Germany was bull****.