Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Zircs - My dumb question of the month coupon

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
There are seals which keep the dirt out...and then there are seals
which keep the grease in.
Ball joints on steering gear in your vehicle is of the (normally)
latter type.

Pins on heavy equpment..which we are talking about..is of the first
type. Or are you saying that you grease once..and once its
filled..you
never grease again?

Then we have things like automotive drive lines and U joints.
(Grin)..which catagory do those fall into? Hummm?

As I said..this is not..not my first rodeo.

Gunner

Factory U joints are greased for life.

Their life ends when all the grease is gone.