Posted to alt.home.repair
harry k harry k is offline

Default Another pressure tank question

On Tuesday, August 5, 2014 10:30:36 PM UTC-7, Bob F wrote:
Harry K wrote:

On Tuesday, August 5, 2014 9:13:32 AM UTC-7, Pico Rico wrote:

"Harry K" wrote in message

On Monday, August 4, 2014 10:53:18 PM UTC-7, Bob F wrote:

Harry K wrote:

And if one is leery of screwing with the pressure switch a new,

preset one is cheap.

Wow! I'm glad I've never had an attitude like that. Maybe that's

why I was able to retire early.

If under $20 would have prevented you from retiring...

It was a SUGGESTION you dope. There are people who don't like

screwing around in electrical equipment.

Harry K

so, one would not want to turn an adjustment screw, but they

wouldn't mind changing the entire pressure switch? sounds like a

professional to me - a professional who would be able to retire

early.

I thought of that afterward. The answer is to do as I did last time

I had to change mine. I wired it in with a length of romex (could

have used extension cord) on a plug so I didn't have to screw with

the hardwire problem. I have to occasionally pull the switch to

clean out the riser pipe.

Thanks, but I'll chose to just turn a friggin' screw.

You do realize that I was talking about the need to change or temprorarily REMOVE the switch?

Harry K