Posted to alt.home.repair
Guv Bob Guv Bob is offline

Default How to clean this up

"Doug Miller" wrote in message ...
Frank wrote in
:

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q...8060025_zps7e2
7d3ea.jpg

My neighbor had her patio stand replastered by contractors. Its
the white to the left. I do not know what they used. They first
added some wiring and then mixed something in a can and the
left side is the result. I don't know if it was cement mixed
with some special paint is my guess. The result is that they
left my side in certain spots 'whitish'. The original is the
darker grey. I told the neighbor and she said she sees nothing
different, but I do. She has been a wonderful neighbor so I do
not want any animosity between us. Since the job, it has rained
numerous times, I hosed it down and what you see is the result.
Does anyone know how i can get rid of that white stuff, other
than buying expensive stuff...ie power washer?

Call the contractors and insist that they come back and clean up after themselves. If they
refuse, call a lawyer.

Or if you think that's too much hassle or expense, you might try washing the entire area with
vinegar.

Threatening the contractor or talking about lawsuits is a stupid idea for something this minor. If the contractor won't work with you, hire someone else or just paint it.