Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del John-Del is offline

Default Sony TV KV2167MT picture has got curved

On Tuesday, August 5, 2014 10:05:04 PM UTC-4, wrote:
First of all, this is SCI.ELECTRONICS.REPAIR, not SCI/ELECTRONICS.BUYANEWONE. If someone wants to buy a new one, they are not here.

Now that that's out of the way, alot of Sonys have this coil, that due to its construxtion, fails. I believe it has a magnet in it and is a saturable reactor that is used for horizontal linearity correcti90n. At least it is in alot of them.

Hmmmm.. that reminded me of something. It's been a long time since I've done any significant repair on CRT Sonys, but didn't they have that inductor that you speak of have a ferrite piece glued in place on top of the coil? Perhaps during a previous repair, the old dried adhesive just let go of the ferrite cap.