Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rigid Miter Saw Fence not straight

On Tue, 05 Aug 2014 18:03:48 -0400, G. Ross wrote:

Imagine a very shallow "V". I noticed while cutting some 2 x 2's. Put a
straight edge on it and the inner portion of both sides is about 1/8
inch back from the straight edge. So far I haven't found the manual,
but the whole fence is one piece of cast aluminum and I can't imagine
straightening it. Any ideas? I tried wedging the center portion
forward but it lives up to it's name. It is extremely ridgid.

I once had a cast iron jointer fence with a similar problem. The maker
(Jet) said take it off, put it on a concrete floor/sidewalk, and stand on
the hump. It wouldn't move at first, but the I'd feel it relax. I tried
it and it worked.

I have no idea if it would work for an aluminum fence.