Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Zircs - My dumb question of the month coupon

On Tue, 05 Aug 2014 15:25:09 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Tue, 05 Aug 2014 14:44:41 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 4 Aug 2014 23:40:54 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

SteveB wrote:
I just bought an air grease gun. I am amazed at how many zircs there
are on a tractor, and how many needed juice. Some wouldn't take any
grease. Do you just put a new one in, or is there a way to soak/clean
these? I know they ain't expensive, I just need to take a couple off,
and take them down to match up, and buy a couple dozen. Is it worth
it messing with the old ones, and does it work, or are they trash
once they are plugged?

Those air guns are sweet, eh?

Steve

It might not be the zerk , the area that needs grease or the passage leading
to it may be clogged up with , well , crud .

Indeed. Some of those may best be shot with some kerosene in a grease
gun..then re greased after the crud is dissolved out

I'd call anyone doing that an idiot to their face, unless they removed
it from the vehicle first. And if they're doing that, it's best to
use a new one.

On bushings and other gizmos? Really? Ill have to tell a ****load of
heavy equipment and automotive mechanics that they are idiots

Imagine that....hummmm

Gunner

--
"Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon.
We're in a great place, just at a bad time."