Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bert Bert is offline

Default Sony CD-P 750 player static noise

Shame to toss well built gear like those old Sonys. I still have a
CDP101
( bought new in 1983 ) in good working and cosmetic order. .... Phil

I had more than a dozen Sony units from that era - a fabulous Trinitron TV,
lots of high-end Beta and VHS VCRs, including a nice SLV-R5U SVHS VCR.
Except for a rarely used Hi8 EV-S7000, they and that CD-P 750 player are
all history now.

OTOH, I also still have a number of JVC units (high-end stereo, dual
cassette,
CD player...) from that same time period, and every single one still
looks and
functions like out of the box...

---