Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default The latest completed project

On 8/4/2014 9:40 PM, Sonny wrote:
On Monday, August 4, 2014 5:22:59 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
Well not the latest, the next to last. The same customer ... African mahogany -federal style head board .... after that ....before the end of the year ... And then back to my wife's sewing room. Oh and then ....and then.../..

Love those repeat and referred customers. Her storage cabinet looks nice. Good job.

Yes repeaters and referrals seem to be an easier sell as they already
have seen your work and know about what to expect to pay.

Thank you!

I've been swamped with repeat and referred upholstery customers, lately. Between that, family reunion weekend, getting a $350 Unisaw in shop-shape and lawn maintenance, I barely have time to play in the woodshop, but parts of the trestle table and a recently started fireplace/mantle project are getting done, little by little.

I'm having some difficulty with the trestle board assembling into the leg units. The trestle board has two 1X4 tenons on each end and fitting them into the double mortises, in each leg unit, is proving a challenge. The fittings are really snug, too snug, for ease of insertions, as I would like.... as easy as I had hoped it would have been. ... but I do want them as snug as possible, before keying them securely. A touch more sanding and those fittings should be easier.

Sonny

Little by little will get you there. ;~)