Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Best screw head that won't strip

Leon wrote:
On 8/4/2014 5:27 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Leon wrote:

Mike, do you think he should maybe use an air impact? ;~)

Yes! That's what I meant. It will work off a bolt or a nut without
turning the spindle (or whatever else is involved in the process),
and will take it off. I've done a bunch of these - started out
frustrating myself with the wrong tools and then figured out that
the air impact was the right tool. It works.

I only mentioned it cause you mentioned it a time or two or four or
five. :~) I was yankin your chain.

Yeah - sorry about that. I've been putting very little attention into this
hobby of following the newsgroup owing to some intense activity at work, so
I tend to forget what I've already posted - or simply react in the moment,
if you will. Kind of embarassing in a way when it's called to my attention,
I have to admit...

--

-Mike-