Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Zircs - My dumb question of the month coupon

On Mon, 04 Aug 2014 21:23:18 -0700, SteveB wrote:

I just bought an air grease gun. I am amazed at how many zircs there
are on a tractor, and how many needed juice. Some wouldn't take any
grease. Do you just put a new one in, or is there a way to soak/clean
these? I know they ain't expensive, I just need to take a couple off,
and take them down to match up, and buy a couple dozen. Is it worth it
messing with the old ones, and does it work, or are they trash once they
are plugged?

Those air guns are sweet, eh?

Steve

I suggest hitting them with a torch, lightly, before doing anything.
it will catch the grease inside on fire and blow the little check ball
out, clears the obstruction that was likely just past the zerk. Plus,
now the zerk is loose so it will screw right off.

If you don't have a spare handy,just grease it this way.

karl