Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony CD-P 750 player static noise

"Bert"

I've got a Sony CD player, model CD-P 750, which from one second
to the next developed a loud static noise on one channel (and a tiny
bit on the other) when playing a CD.

** By static noises you mean the sound of heavy rain or surf - right ?

Changing audio cables made no difference. No bulging caps or other
"burnt-up" components visible. Any ideas anyone before I throw it out?

** Likely to be in the digital filter, DAC or audio circuits, since it is in
one channel.

Shame to toss well built gear like those old Sonys.

I still have a CDP101 ( bought new in 1983 ) in good working and cosmetic
order.

..... Phil