Posted to rec.woodworking
JAS JAS is offline

Default Best screw head that won't strip

An impact gun will remove this nut as simple as pie. Just need a big enough
impact gun - not your basic 18v gun.

If you read what I posted, I tried an impact gun [1/2" with 120 psi air]
but the problem is that the bolt head is mangled and the corners rounded
hence the thought of welding a larger nut to it. I raised it with a
cherry picker engine hoist and have a brace under it. I tried to remove
the spindle but the bolts are rusted there also. I am sending her to
tractor mechanic she knows before I end up twisting off the bolts.
Thanks for all advice as I have tried but I have no welder either.
JAS

.... Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.