Posted to alt.home.repair
Pico Rico Pico Rico is offline

Default property with "no" water

"Danny D." wrote in message
Pete C. wrote, on Sun, 03 Aug 2014 17:42:52 -0500:

There are plenty of places were low yield wells are common and pretty
much every house has one and a cistern system. They are rarely ever a
problem as long as the wells are reliable.

My well, is 400 feet deep (another one is less than that but
doesn't produce much) and it gets about 5 gallons a minute when
it can, but it runs out of water every few minutes.

Once it runs out, it shuts off for half an hour, and then it turns
on again, for about 10 to 15 minutes, and then runs out of water and the
cycle renews.

In the other thread titled:
How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence
I shut the well pump for a few hours, and it went for about 20 minutes
before running out of water, averaging about 4 gallons a minute (more
in the beginning, less in the end).

The 300 foot shallow well shut off in less than two minutes, so, I'm
not counting its output.

This is Silicon Valley.

That is NOT Silicon Valley. The water table in the valley is relatively
shallow and there is plenty of water (due to recharge and imported water).

You are up in the hills, at about 1800+ feet. Whole different ballgame.