Posted to uk.d-i-y
Malcolm Race[_2_] Malcolm Race[_2_] is offline

Default TOT Dolly Parton at Glastonbury

On 03/08/2014 16:57, newshound wrote:
On 03/08/2014 11:11, Andy Burns wrote:
"Nightjar \"cpb\""@ insert my surname here wrote:

Anybody know why the drummer was surrounded by clear plastic
screens?Was it some form of acoustic screening?

yes, to stop (or reduce) the drums being picked on other mics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drum_screen

I wondered if that was the explanation. In the "old days" the drum kit
was often set up some way back, and sometimes on a high plinth,
presumably for the same reason.

In the 70s I was teaching in a secondary school. The choir sang Joseph -
the original concert version. T%his was accompanied by sone
instrumentsv and a drummer. The only way we could stop the drummer
drowning out the choir was to have him behind the (almost) drawn
curtains and the choir in front. Even then it was touch and go.

Malcolm