Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael Wilson Michael Wilson is offline

Default Another pressure tank question

On Sunday, August 3, 2014 1:06:28 PM UTC-5, dpb wrote:
On 08/03/2014 12:32 PM, Michael Wilson wrote:

The pressure tank switch kicks on at 52 psi. Should I inflate my new tank to 50 psi.

"ON" at 50???? That's far more typical of cutout pressure. Anything

much over that is surely likely to cause premature failures in toilet

valves, water hammer, etc., unless you've a PRV before the house

distribution.

But, the two-pounds below the cut-in is the rule of thumb but I

certainly have never seen a system operating at those pressures.

What's the head pressure of the pump?

--

I'm out of my element here. I see a pressure gauge from the line running from the tank to the house. And when the pressure switch kicks in at 52. I guess I'm looking at the wrong gauge. The pressure tank was delivered with 35psi. If I just leave it, will I be ok? Thanks.