Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Pressure tank without shutoff valve

On 08/02/2014 11:42 PM, Harry K wrote:
On Saturday, August 2, 2014 11:47:28 AM UTC-7, Pico Rico wrote:

I have never seen a well pump with a valve (other than a check valve) on its
outlet to the pressure tank.

And I've never seen one without it. Every appliance using/supplying
water should have one for just such a reason. It recently cost me
$120 to have a shut-off installed on the well line entering the house
where I forgot to specify it when the well was drilled. That was an
unusual situation though. I had a leak and needed to shut that line
off toisolate it.

The well goes _DIRECT_ to the house w/o any intermediary??? That's
certainly peculiar--water on demand instead of just hot water.

And, it would seem to be a pretty incompetent installer that would just
ignore the obvious despite the "forgetting" in a spec. Would perhaps be
a scope change but to not have isolation/cutoff on the house probably
doesn't meet Code (presuming there's one applicable in the area which
granted may not be in rural area on on well).