Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default TOT Dolly Parton at Glastonbury

In article ,
Nightjar \cpb\@ insert my surname here wrote:
I watched that last night on BBC 4. Anybody know why the drummer was
surrounded by clear plastic screens? Were they expecting somebody to
shoot at him? Was it some form of acoustic screening? Was it to protect
equipment it would be difficult to run off stage with in the case of
torrential driving rain (although I would have thought a conveniently
placed tarpaulin would be better for that)?

Acoustic screens to help prevent him 'spilling' on other mics. Surprised
you haven't seen them before on TV.

I stopped watching music regularly on TV when they dropped Pan's People
from TOTP :-) Presumably then they either didn't worry so much about it
or the other mics were less sensitive to the large sound peaks that I
assume are the problem with percussion.

You'd use something more effective in
a recording studio - but those would block off the view of the drummer. ;-)

--
Colin Bignell