Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default property with "no" water

On Sunday, August 3, 2014 8:03:42 AM UTC-4, CRNG wrote:
I decided to do more digging, since my Dad and I had seen what looked

like 2 fairly new well caps. I read over the well reports, and they

reported between 1/2 and 3/4 gallon per minute flow rate for both of the

wells, which were each sunk over 200 feet deep within 40 feet or so from

the house. Well, that's not "no" water, but it doesn't compare

favorably to the average of 8 gallons per minute in the surrounding

area. The former owner spent nearly $20,000 drilling those 2 wells

I would call that a very precarious and uncertain water supply

situation. Slightly over a gallon/min for the two wells is very low.

If you had a guarantee that you could get that flow 24/7 and it would

*never* drop lower, you could install a 10k gal cistern and get by,

but I would not risk it myself. There are no guarantees like that.

Why would he need a 10K cistern to get by? He only needs a buffer big
enough to handle worst case usage. Seems to me ~1000 gal is enough,
unless he's going to want to water a lawn.