Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default SMPS repair tip

**** you.

You make an oscillator with perhaps two or three transistors. Then you get matchdf transistors and connect the emitters together. Whatwever their collectors pull current from becomes "on" time. IOr poisssiblky "off" time. I have coibsuidered boith actuyally becasue of trying to make my pet single ended push pull stage work, if you remember that. Diploma or not, I amn pretty sure it is beyond you.

How it works is a mystery my ass dude. What, you z tube jockey and fuse changer now ? I know better than that.

OK mother****er - the circuit :

An astable mul;tivibrator switching at about 50 kHz. Generate a triangle wave by simple integration. REGUALTE IT, it determines the open anded gain of a class D circuit.

Apply the input to another leg of the OP AMP you built, or just mix it with the damn triangle wave. It simply does not matter.

One of the most impportant things about engineering is to understand what matters, and what does NOT.

You know, I ight just up and get a paper and draw up something right now and upload it so you can see it. I just want to illustrate (hmm, that might do iut wh ? ) that is just ain't all that hard. ;I can concieve the entire schematicv of it in my head right now with not trouble. Putting it into Spice is a different story.

Maybre I should make it apoint to learn Spice better, that way because you cna run siulations and whit, you would better understand some of my concepts.