Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Pressure tank without shutoff valve

On Saturday, August 2, 2014 6:31:45 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/2/2014 6:04 PM, trader_4 wrote:

On Saturday, August 2, 2014 4:28:42 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

The one I saw briefly, had a doodad that looked

like a flying saucer with a hose. I think that's

designed to inject a small bit of air each time

the pump cycles.

I know there was more than one type. But I think they all need

some feedback/control mechanism to keep the air at the right level.

The air is supposed to be from where the gizmo is, up to the top of

the tank. If water rises above that, it triggers it to start pumping

air. Without feedback, if you just put some in each time, you still

wouldn't get it right and you could wind up with a tank full of air,

instead of half water.

Who cares? If there's a bit too much air, it

comes out the faucet next time. No worries.

I don't think folks would like it so much if air and water was
spurting out in fits from their faucets. Which is what would happen
if the tank got full of air. And it would continue to do that, as
the pump put more in each cycle. That's why they have a regulating
system.