Posted to alt.home.repair

Default #6 NM wire in 1/2" hole?

On Sat, 2 Aug 2014 22:35:00 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller
wrote:

wrote in :

[...]
And if the manufacturer(on the UL label) specifies #6 wire be used
for connection, it does NOT meet code if installed with #8 or #10

Just stop. You're only digging the hole deeper.

UL labels specify voltage, amperage, wattage -- but when have you seen one that specifies
the size of the circuit conductors?

I thought the OP said the label on the unit gave the circuit
requirements and the cable specification. I could have misread that.
My reader does not make it easy to go back to previous posts in a
thread, so I'm going by memory.